|Period of Performance:||1 August 2003 through 31 July 2006|
student e-learning, vocational education, teacher ICT skills, internet
Prepare Macedonian youth for employment through ICT-informed education programs and improve quality and relevance of instruction at the primary and secondary levels.
To assist the Ministry of Education and Science in order to:
- Assess the condition of current ICT in Macedonia and the strategies available to make use of computer labs and build on community/NGO/private sector relationships in the effort to improve the condition of teaching and learning.
- Take advantage of the contribution of 2,000 computers by the Chinese Government (PRC) and provide cables, networking, and install computer equipment in secondary schools.
- Expand the use of ICT in primary schools in effective and engaging ways
- Enhance the existing curricula with the use of ICT materials, especially in science and technology courses, as well as courses where there is a lack of experienced teachers
- Improve and expand teachers' ability to teach core ICT skills and to use ICT to enhance teaching of other subjects
- Establish plans and practices to help ensure sustainability of schools' computer labs
List of Implementing Partners:
- Academy for Educational Development
EDC staff will ensure above all that project activities will lead to the achievement of the following Major Activities and their results:
1. Aid to Primary Schools
The E-school.MK program activities will be conducted in four phases designed to foster the adoption and effective use of ICT throughout the primary school system. The phases include:
- Phase 1: Create broad capacity among primary school teachers and local support institutions (YR1)
- Phase 2: Create centers of excellence (YR2-3)
- Phase 3: Help ensure sustainability (YR1-3)
- Phase 4: Evaluation (YR1-3).